As Norfolk’s foremost independent wine school we offer a wide range of flexible, enjoyable and educative courses. Each course focuses on wine tasting at each level and class sizes are kept to small, friendly groups.
No previous experience is required. Our courses range from the highly popular wine appreciation suppers and introductory wine and food matching evenings, through to our comprehensive eight-week World Wine course.
Behind The Label is led by Keith Reeves, an award winning wine merchant and journalist, supported by professional and enthusiastic tutors and visiting wine makers from around the world.
We will focus on the taste profiles of each wine, looking at the characteristics of each grape, building up an understanding of their unique flavours and aromas. You will learn about the simple tools of the wine maker’s trade and the importance of individual climates upon grape varieties around the world.
We will learn together, tasting wines side by side to find out why wines taste as they do and what to look for when selecting a wine, be it at home, in a restaurant or at the supermarket.
Conducted during the evenings and at weekends in order to suit busy lifestyles.
Courses planned for Autumn 2010
- The Grape Bunch – an evening dedicated to three white or three red grape varieties, including a three course supper.
- Meet the Winemaker – Occasional tutored tastings with guest winemakers, including a four course dinner.
- Saturday wine appreciation course – A three-hour introduction to the world of wine, which includes six wines and a two course lunch.
- Tour de France – A power point guide to the great wine regions of France, featuring wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhone, Loire and the Languedoc. Includes supper.
- Sherry and Tapas – An introduction to the heart of Andalucian tapas cooking and a tutored tasting of six different sherry styles.
- Wines of the World – A comprehensive course of either 4 or 8 weeks with one two hour evening session each week. Deals with all aspects of winemaking as well as every major wine region in the world.
- Private and Corporate –Tailor made day and evening classes in wine appreciation with the accent on fun and entertainment. Lunch or dinner included. Suitable for inclusion in staff training, corporate reward and incentive schemes.
For further details of our Autumn wine courses go to www.davidadlardcookeryschool.co.uk